Wednesday, February 26, 2014

LARGE RIBBON SPOOL...............FREE FILE

So most people who know me KNOW that I LOVE RIBBON............skinny, fat, dark, light, pattern, plain......whatever......I LOVE IT ALL.........

Recently I posted on facebook that if anybody wanted to TRUST me I would do a little RIBBON SHOPPING for them. There is this store about 1/2 hour from me that has some of the most pretty ribbon and it is only $1.00 A YARD.....

I had a few girls take me up on the offer so a SHOPPING I WENT....I think I pretty much clean the store out. It isn't a ribbon store, so I took a lot of their inventory...No need to worry the clerk told me though because they are placing a new order soon............CAN WAIT TO SEE THE NEW STUFF...

ANYHOO.........as much as I LOVE RIBBON, I love to package things up kind of pretty (smile)...so I decided first since they allowed me to be their shopper of 10 yards - which I through in a few more ribbons I wanted to package them using the RIBBON SPOOL SET from The Cutting Cafe...

I started with this: - I took the front of the SPOOL BOX and enlarged it to 10 inches.
The yummy paper is from the PAPER STUDIO - I got the pad from Hobby Lobby...LOVE IT
I cut them out first in chipboard then I covered the fronts and backs with the pattern paper.

Next I just started wrapping the assorted ribbons on the spool:
 I also added the I LOVE TO CREATE circle tag from the Cutting Cafe.

 Then I just topped it off with a mini wooden spool that I think I got from Michael's. I have been buying lots of pretty fabric lately - I just cut the fabric in strips and wrapped around the spools.  A little something some of you may not know - I use to back in the day have a business in which I made fabric stickers and fabric ribbon hence why my email address is fabriccutups@prodigy.net....at the very bottom of this post is a card I did a long time ago using some of my FABRIC CUTUPS...hum maybe I will bring that business back...(smile)
 
 I still have a few more to wrap, but for now the ones that are done are sitting in this cute little tin basket I bought from Marshall's.
SOOOOOOOOOOOO I am in the RAK MOOD......if you would like the LARGE RIBBON SPOOL,
click on the link at the very bottom of my FABRIC CUTUPS CARD......it is free until, well FOREVER.........(smile)
Oh yeah if you want to take a look at the full set, click here....it is a fun set called RIBBON SPOOL SET.
It is perfect for giving your crafty friends some yummy jute and ribbon ......
here are 2 cards I made YEARS ago with FABRIC STICKERS....

OKAY ENOUGH OF THAT............CLICK BELOW FOR THE FREE RIBBON TEMPLATE -it comes in PDF, SVG, MTC and WPC formats....
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

13 comments:

cal8007 said...

Hey, Regina, I need one of those for sure. My ribbon is in boxes and I can't see what I have.

mickeydee said...

This is an awesome way to store ribbon.

Linda said...

Oh my goodness this is so sweet of you. I love the way you are storing your ribbon. The spools would be great for a lace or ribbon book. Thank you so much for the free cut.

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

You are always so clever. Very cute idea to send the gals their ribbon. I sure like that dig circle!

Brenda said...

Wow wish I had know about your shopping trip for ribbon! lol I love ribbon too, don't need it but want it! lol I love how you did up these ribbon spools, what a great presentation!! Thanks so much for the spool file too! Hugs, Brenda

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE those ribbon spools!!! I keep my ribbon in a storage basket, but the spools would be so much easier for coordinating colors! I love all your designs, Regina!!

Migdalia said...

Awesome way to store your ribbon! Love this idea!!
I would so make a great gift!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Julie Odil said...

Whoever gets those beautifully packaged ribbon spools are very lucky! Thanks for the file and the wonderful ideas. And now I know the story behind your email address. Fun, fun!

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh this is to pretty, you are one talented lady. I sooo wanted to get in on the ribbon buy but I am new to this whole blog thing and didn't know how to find you again. Will you be going back to the ribbon store soon? I love ribbon and I just love anything crafty please let me know if you do and I would more than trust you to pick me some pretty ribbons. Thanks so much - Jen aka CountryAnne

Erica said...

How adorable are these packagings and the ribbons too. Don't know how I missed the ribbon call, but sure sorry I did.

Adeline E. Brill said...

I absolutely love it! I have the perfect place for these in my sewing room! Thank you!

Mitralee said...

oh goodness this is a great post! Loved the spools you made with those awesome ribbons! So cool!

Crafty Design by Lee said...

I love your spools, they are perfect for storing ribbons and lace. Nice job!!

Chauntelle